We closely manage the manufacturers of our boots to offer you a truly great fit. All our boots are crafted with the highest standards of construction making sure sizes are consistent from style to style.
Please note, the following is a guideline only and not a fit guarantee.
Finding The Perfect Fit:
- Measure both feet. Some people have one foot slightly larger than the other. Choose the size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the socks or tights you’ll wear most often with your boots. For thicker socks or tights, you may want to order boots 1/2 size larger than you normally wear.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon, when feet tend to be their largest.
- If you require a wide width and no wide width sizes are available, try ordering a ½ size larger in the regular width.
- Boots should slip slightly in the heel. When the boot is new, the sole is stiff. As you wear the boot, the sole is “flexed” and with time most of the slippage you feel will disappear. If the slip feels excessive you may want to wear a thicker sock or you may need a narrower fit. This can make up the difference for up to ½ size. Please note that slight slippage is necessary to obtain a proper fit.
- Boots should fit from the heel to the ball of the foot. The widest part of your foot should be in the widest part of the outsole, regardless of the toe shape.
- With leather boots, remember that as you continue to wear the boots they will stretch slightly and soften over time. They should fit snug across the instep when they are new.